Thursday, September 10, 2009

the good, the bad, & the ugly.. of jr/sr high speeches

Well, we'll be optimistic today and start with the good things I noticed today
Most of them had all of their visual aides, and the dog was pretty exciting to see, too. Some spoke loudly and clearly enough, spoke slowly enough to be understood and so we could comprehend.
Next, the bad..
There were some people messing around with their notecard, some akward transitioning between points, and also some computer glitches that prevented people form having a smooth speech. Some were really quiet and hard to understand.
& the hilarious/ugly..
I noticed the Jr. high kids tended to get really red-faced and very nervous in their voice tone. I did too a little bit. I tried to keep my voice steady but my voice seemed to crack a little bit. The Jr. High kids get really worried when they make mistakes, but Sr. High kids realize that it's just a minor mistake, and we can improve upon the little things and it's not the end of the world.
As for my speech, my visuals were pretty good. My video was a little bit long, and I couldn't seem to figure out how to turn of the projector when I was done ;). I could have practiced it more and knew more about what my main points were. My eye contact was lacking as I didn't practice near as much as I should have; I also overshot the time limit by about 20 seconds. Overall, not too shabby I suppose.

1 comment: