Monday, September 21, 2009

Current Event..

This lady was blind for about 10 years because of a complication from a disease. Her doctor took out her eye tooth and implanted it into her shoulder. From her shoulder, he put in in the back of her eye. A hole is made in the tooth to have a prosthetic lens. After all the procedures, the lady could see again! I think it's really amazing that this is even possible. Honestly, I didn't believe it when I first heard about it, but then I read about it on the Internet and it really is true. It's cool that parts of the body can be used to fix another part that has no relation to it at all; like a tooth to restore someone's vision. That's about all I have for today :) I found the article in the Omaha World Herald but couldn't find the same one on the Internet. (I have the newspaper article if you still want to see it.) A similar article is on the website below.

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/Technology/woman-regains-vision-tooth-implanted-eye/story?id=8595589

No comments:

Post a Comment