Tuesday, December 22, 2009

final blog

I've learned a lot in speech class. I'm pretty sure my extemp speeches will now be more than the minimum of 4 1/2 minutes! I've learned a lot about eye contact, and that by looking at the back of the room doesn't count. People can tell if I'm not looking at them, so direct eye contact is key. I enjoyed having speech as independent study. I got a lot of time to work on other things, and I had enough stuff to keep me busy with writing speeches and doing projects. I might have liked having speech in a class setting, too. It was fun just hanging out with Kaelee, but having a class to speak to and interact with might have been nice, too. Don't get me wrong, 7th graders are quite interesting! haha.. overall it was a good time.
I didn't think any part was a waste of time, the "Last Will" was my favorite, and informative speaking is way easier than oral interp. I like the more cut & dry type of speeches. I don't think I'd change anything about the class. I liked being independent and having the work ethic to complete my stuff on time (most was on time :p) It was all on me, and by having to get things done on my own on a strict time schedule helped me to prioritize my things to get the more important parts done first.
Speech was fun! I think it helped me a lot with nervousness, because towards the end of the class I didn't really get nervous as easily. Hopefully what I've learned shows through in speech this year! I'm a lot more confident talking to people I don't know now, and having intellectual conversations with strangers comes a bit easier. (Not like men off the street kinda strangers.. but people i don't really know that well) hah.. well, goodbye speech!

No comments:

Post a Comment